About the International Eye Foundation
IEF's Supporters: Individuals and Leaders Like You
Through the ongoing generosity of individual donors and the trust that institutional grantors demonstrate in our abilities to affect change, IEF is able to advance the treatment and prevention of blindness in developing nations across the world. Some of our diverse funding sources appear in this list below. But you can help too, with an Online Donation. Donations to the IEF are fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. The IEF is an IRS 501(c)3 organization.
IEF's Diverse Funding Sources
- Public support through an active mail program
- Annual Fund Drive
- Workplace campaigns such as United Way and the Combined Federal Campaign, administered through Global Impact
- Corporate and foundation grants
- IEF's Eye Ball®, a charity gala held each year in Washington, D.C.
- Wine Tasting events
- Membership income from the Society of Eye Surgeons (SES)
- Support of optometric specialists
IEF's Financial Information
You may review IEF's financial information by checking IEF's IRS Form 990 and Annual Audit for fiscal years 2012, 2011 and 2010.
2012 IRS 990.pdf [2.38Mb Acrobat PDF]
2012 Audit Report.pdf [1.21Mb Acrobat PDF]
2011 IRS 990.pdf [2.56Mb Acrobat PDF]
2011 Audit Report.pdf [1.76Mb Acrobat PDF]
2010 IRS 990.pdf [2.39Mb Acrobat PDF]
2010 Audit Report.pdf [1.26Mb Acrobat PDF]
The IEF's blindness prevention and sight saving programs are funded by governmental, foundation, and corporate contributors, as well as individuals like you who generously donate online. Our website showcases our successes and our breadth of services to the developing world. Feel free to contact us with specific questions or requests. [ Make An Online Donation ]