Neuro-radiologist, National Institutes of Health and Assistant Professor at George Washington University
- BA: Amherst College, Amherst, MA 1988
- MA: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 1992
- PhD: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 2000
- MD: University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 2000
- Internship: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 2001
- Residency: Georgetown University Hospital, Department of Radiology, Washington, DC 2005
- Fellowship: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Department of Radiology, Philadelphia, PA 2006
- Adjunct Clinical Professor of Radiology, Department of Radiology and Radiation Oncology, George Washington University School of Medicine
- Honors & Awards:
- 2002 – RSNA Introduction to Research Scholarship Award
- 2000 – The Steven Lukes Memorial Prize for Excellence in both Internal Medicine and Neurology
- 1998 – University of Chicago Brain Research Institute – Women’s Council Student Scholarship Award
- 1996 – University of Chicago-Pritzker Summer Research Scholarship
- Research Support: Dr. Biassou has received four major grants to support her research.
- Research Experience: Dr. Biassou has been the Principal Investigator or Co-Investigator on 10 research studies resulting in scientific publications.
- Invited Talks & Peer Reviewed Conference Presentations: Dr. Biassou presented 11 Peer Reviewed Presentations and has been the invited speaker at 14 US and international conferences.
- Teaching Experience: Dr. Biassou teaches clinical neuro-radiology to fellows at the George Washington University School of Medicine and the Georgetown University Medical School. Teaches clinical breast imaging radiology to the radiation oncology residents who are on clinical rotation service at the NIH radiation oncology division.
Memberships & Related Activities:
- Program Advisory Committee FY2014, FY2015, FY2016, FY2017.
- Host: Hendry House Reception on behalf of IEF FY 2015
- Host: Promotion of Peace & Vision Award Reception of IEF FY2018