Ophthalmologist, Sub-specialty: oculo-plastic surgery
- BS: Rutgers University, Newark, NJ 1964
- MD: George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 1964-1968
- Internship: The Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 1968-1969
- Ophthalmology Residency: Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 1969-1972
- Fellowship: Oculoplastic Surgery Fellowship with Gerald Shannon, MD, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA Jun-Dec 1972
- Fellowship: Heed Fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery with Byron Smith, MD and Pierre Guibor, MD, Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital, New York, NY Jan-Jun 1973
- Partner with John Harry King, Jr., MD, 1975-1983
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Ophthalmology, George Washington University 1974-Present
- Consultant in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Department of Ophthalmology, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD 1975-Present
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Ophthalmology, Georgetown University 1979-Present
- Hospital Appointments:
- Active Staff, George Washington Hospital, Washington, DC 1975-Present
- Active Staff, Georgetown Hospital, Washington, DC
- Active Staff, Children’s National Hospital Medical Center, Washington, DC 1975-Present
- Active Staff, Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC
- Active Staff, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 1975-Present, Chairman, Oculoplastic Section
- Society Appointments:
- American Society of Oculoplastic & Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS), Chairman-Exhibit Committee 1988-1989, Chairman-ASOPRS Annual Meeting 1990, Chairman-Archives Committee, Representative of Governmental Relations
- Washington Medical & Surgical Society
- Member: six Professional Societies, and has received four honor awards
- Author: nine scientific articles and two films
- Presentations: 19 at various local and national scientific/medical conferences
- Inventions: four instruments for oculoplastic surgery, and developed five new surgical procedures
Memberships & Related Activities:
- Recipient of IEF’s 1998 “Promotion of Peace & Vision Award” for an Ophthalmologist.
- Nominating Committee FY2010, FY2011, FY2012.
- Personnel Committee FY2012 (Chair), FY2013, FY2014, FY2016, FY2017.
- Program Advisory Committee FY2010, FY2011, FY2012, FY2013, FY2014, FY2016, FY2017.