Fiscal Director & Assistant Secretary, Cotton Council International, the overseas promotion arm of the National Cotton Council. During 1970’s supervised promotion programs (market research, advertising, promotions and public relations) in Canada, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Thailand and the Philippines, involving numerous foreign travels. Concurrently served as Director, Canadian Cotton Council, Montreal, Canada, 1968-1983 (Canadian corporation for promotion of cotton in Canada), and Director, U.S. Agricultural Export Development Council, 1984 - 1992 (association of agricultural commodity export organizations).
- AB Economics: Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA
- Cotton Council International, Senior Consultant 1994 – Present, Special Service Award, December 2003
- National Cotton Council, Washington DC (retired) 1960-1994
- American Trucking Associations, 1957-1959, Economic Research Analyst, Research Department.
- U.S. Army, 1955 - 1957.
- Member: Alcoholic Beverage Control Board, Washington, DC January 1997 – November 1999.
- Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner, (elected government office) ANC 3G02 1980 - 1984, ANC 3G04 1985 - present. Chairman, 1982-1984, 1986-1989, Secretary 1999 – present, Treasurer, 2000-2002.
- Ward 3 Democratic Committee, 1st Vice Chairman 1999 – 2001.
- Ward 3 ANC Redistricting Task Force 1981, 1991, 2001. Ward 4 ANC Redistricting Task Force 2002.
- Mayor’s Advisory Committee on Resources and Budget, 1982-1988, 1992-1994.
- Chevy Chase Citizens Association, Executive Board, 1984 - present, President 1985-1987.
- Prevention of Blindness Society (United Way Agency); Trustee 1966–present, President 1971-1972, 2001 – 2003, Treasurer 1990-1996, Secretary 1996- 1997, Treasurer 1998 – 2000, (Served on various committees including: long range planning, property purchases, personal and finance (and sub-committee on investments of endowment fund).
- Palisades Swimming Pool (cooperative 600 member-owned swimming pool and recreation facilities) Board of Directors 1972 - present, President 1973 - 1974, Treasurer 1980 - present.
- Washington Association Financial Management Roundtable, Board of Directors, 1990 - 1992, Treasurer 1992.
- United National Association - National Capital Area, Board of Directors 1997 - present, Treasurer, July 1998- June 2002, Co-Chair Endowment Committee 2002- present
- American Economic Association, member 1960 – 1994
- Graduate, inaugural class DC Neighborhood College, April 2003.
- Brother of IEF Board member and President, the late Walter E. Beach.
Memberships & Related Activities:
- Treasurer and Chair, Finance Committee FY2013, FY 2015, FY 2016, FY2017
- Personnel Committee FY2012.
- Recipient: IEF 2012 “Promotion of Peace & Vision Award” for a Community Member.
- IEF Board Tours: Guatemala 2008, Tanzania 2009, Egypt 2010, Peru 2016.