On World Sight Day, observed globally on October 12, 2023, IEF partners in India screened for diabetic retinopathy in Delhi, Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya, and West Bengal.
The screenings were conducted at the technology-enabled vision centers using AI-based fundus camera supported by IEF.
The partners who participated in this initiative were:
- Bansara Eye Care Centre, Shillong
- Dr Shroff’s Charity Eye Hospital, Delhi
- Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre, West Bengal
- Udhampur Rotary Eye and General Welfare Foundation, Udhampur
- Siliguri Greater Lions Eye Hospital, West Bengal
They screened more than 100 patients in rural India where the vision centers are located. Out of the total screened, nearly 15 were referred to the base hospital for further examination and treatment.